Many COPD sufferers who need to use oxygen to help with their condition may think that having to carry around a portable oxygen concentrator (POC) will restrict their activities and travel. However, that is really not the case anymore. Pure O2 (www.healthoxygen.com) provide portable oxygen from leading reliable POC manufacturers whose units have been approved for use on most airlines. And don’t worry about working out all these details yourself as our experienced and friendly medical advisers are on hand to help you with any of your concerns or questions. We also have a list of frequently asked questions on our website if you would like to browse those too http://www.healthoxygen.com/faq.
Pure O2 has been known to send replacement parts or even units to patients on holiday in Spain, as well as supporting our travellers before and after their trip with additional batteries and equipment to ensure your holiday is not interrupted by your oxygen needs. Why not see what some of our other patients have said about Pure O2 and the units we supply;
“…fully portable, even suitable for aircraft, my horizon no longer ends out of breath at the boundary of my garden gate.”
“Your aftercare is second to NONE!! I cannot praise you enough.”
“Ordered Monday lunchtime, arrived here in Southern Spain Tuesday evening – Exceptional.”
For more testimonials and the full stories of some of our existing patients please take a look at our website. In the meantime, here is a handy checklist for you to use when preparing to go on holiday with your oxygen;
- Check with the Pure O2 staff that the unit you intend to use has FAA (Federal Aviation Agency) approval for using on an aircraft.
- Arrange for a service or equipment check to ensure your POC is in good working order
- Plan your battery use and ensure you have spare batteries to cover before, during and after the flight
- Check out your destination for
- Electrical socket types and purchase an appropriate adapter to enable you to charge your batteries once you arrive
- Altitude levels as that can affect breathing
- Local facilities and Medical Centres
- Remember your medication and ensure you have sufficient to cover your stay
- It is advisable to carry a doctor’s note explaining why you are on oxygen and the levels you need to use
Pure O2 is renowned for good service with customer satisfaction guaranteed. Our qualified team of advisers are always on call, day and night to answer your questions no matter how trivial you think they may be. Our aim is to put your mind at rest so you can relax on your holiday regardless of your oxygen requirements.
Remember if you need an extra POC or you need to borrow a unit just for your holiday, we can hire you a unit just for the duration of your trip. To talk to one of our qualified team or for further information and advice on oxygen for you to take on holiday please call us on our 24 hour helpline on 0870 712 0202, or our UK freephone number (9am - 5pm) on 0800 145 5902 or alternatively if you are calling from overseas you can use our international number +44 (0)161 747 2617.